The typical automotive repair bill has increased by almost 25% since 2005, which is why it’s so important to ascertain a trustworthy local mechanic that can handle all of your vehicular needs in a cost-effective, compassionate manner.
So if you’re seeking affordable vehicle services in Exeter, for instance, we will help you cut through the fat and find a fantastic professional in your area.
Step One: Locate an Accredited Specialist
Instead of partnering with a random garage just because it happens to be in close proximity to your home, you should widen your scope and look for a service centre that can tout the following aspects:
- Approved by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
- Certified by the RAC
- All services and repairs sanctioned by the Motor Industry Code of Practice
- Recognised as an official MOT testing centre
Step Two: Look for a Fixed-Price Scheme
According to a recent study, upwards of 60% of people in the UK believe that they are overpaying for vehicular repairs, which is why you should stay away from mechanics that provide rough estimates and approximations.
The best-rated garages will proudly display a fixed pricing scheme on their website and you’ll never be surprised by the final bill irrespective of the type of work you need.
Step Three: Evaluate the Suite of Services
Last but certainly not least, you’ll want to ensure that your facility of choice can deliver a comprehensive assortment of services:
- Inclusive tyre replacements, alignments, and rotations
- Air conditioning overhauls
- Brake inspections and repairs
- Wide range of electrical work
- Intricate clutch and transmission maintenance
- Personalised emission testing and other diagnostics
- Full MOT testing
- Vintage vehicle specialty
As soon as you find a local mechanic that can checkmark all of these boxes, be sure to swing by and meet the team before scheduling an appointment.