Hopefully, you have a set of jumper cables that travel with you in the trunk or back of the car. If not, you might want to think about including a pair as you never know when you might find yourself with a dead battery. Paul Car Removal offers the following tips on how to jump-start a car.
Firstly, you will need to have a car with a working battery to jump start the car. Let’s suppose that you’ve called your friend over to help give you a jump.
1. The two cars should be parked with their engines facing one another, or side by side in the same direction. You want the cables to be able to reach from car to car.
2. Once you have the cars parked closely together, you will need to connect the positive jumper cable which is typically coded as the red cable to the positive terminal on the battery that is dead. Typically, the positive battery terminal is the terminal marked with a positive sign, and the negative is marked with a minus. The positive cable should not be in contact with anything metal except for the battery terminal.
3. With the other end of the positive cable, connect it to the battery terminal on the car with the working battery, i.e., the car that will be jumping the dead battery.
4. Connect the negative cable which is typically the black cable to the negative terminal on the batter that is providing the jump.
5. Take the other end of the negative cable and connect it to the negative terminal.
6. Start the car that is providing the jump and run the engine at moderate speed.
7. Start the car with the dead battery and allow to run for at least 20 minutes while attached to the working car. If it does not start, check the connections of the cables.
For car owners selling their cars, Paul Car Removal buys cars of every make and condition. We pay cash for cars, making our buying process simple.
Contact us over the phone or through our online form found on our webpage. We are car buyers that provide you with a quality car sale with top cash, and a free car removal. For more information or to obtain a cash quote, contact us at 0447 123 885.